Jordan Fund for the Performing Arts – JFPA provides a unique opportunity for performing artists to pursue their skills by alleviating some of the financial burden associated with the creation and implementation of their craft. The fund is the first of its kind in Jordan and will help to foster the creativity and origination of individuals and groups in Jordan, as well as give artists the opportunity to showcase their talents regionally and around the world.
The fund will provide grants of up to $5000 to performing artists of virtually all genres, with the exception of film, biannually. The grant is limited to one grant per applicant and project.
Applicants are required to submit the following:
- A complete finance, marketing, and sales plan.
- Full contact information, including: mobile number, email address, resident address, artist website (if applicable), and social media sites (if applicable).
Answers to the questions below:
- Give a brief summary of your work as an artist.
- What will the funding from the grant be used for?
- What is your biggest challenge as an artist?
- Use one word (Arabic or English) to describe your art.
- How will the funding from this grant help you to achieve your goals?
- All information must be submitted with a Table of Contents.
- The application must be in PDF format and within 1 document.
- Attaching more than one file to the email will result in automatic disqualification.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Film productions are not included in this grant opportunity.
Deadline: All applications must be received by 1pm March 14, 2013. The completed application must contain the subject line: JFPA_Application_YourName. Email the completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Important Information
- Short listed candidates will receive a response via email by June 2, 2013.
- Short listed candidates will be required to go through an interview with the JFPA jury prior to the final selection.
- JFPA does not permit application follow-up. Short listed candidates will be notified within the outlined timeframe.
- Final candidates selection will be announced on June 25, 2013.